MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1 Released – Major Fixes Done
The previous update was suspended for most of the Xiaomi smartphones. However, this week’s update ‘MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1‘ features all those suspended smartphones as well. The new updates include some major fixes which especially the Redmi Note 2 and Redmi 3S users were facing.
You can get the last week’s update ‘MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.11.23‘ as well.
Update (12/9/17): The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.8 has released after the suspened 7.12.7 update. It has some optimizations done to the browser and fixed the launcher issue in many smartphones. Download the ROM from here.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1 – How to Download?
The users who are using MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM can grab your update three methods:
OTA (Over the Air) Method
The simplest, risk-free, and the easiest way to jump to MIUI 9 is Via OTA. But let us tell you that if you want to go from Stable to Beta Version of MIUI 9, OTA update is not possible. You have to use the Fastboot method or Recovery method. Here’s the OTA method mentioned in three simple steps:
- Open Mi Updater App
- Click software update
- Confirm and Download the update
- Go to Settings
- Click My device
- Go to MIUI version
- Click System Update
Meanwhile, the user who are using MIUI V5 / MIUI 6 / MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 stable ROM can upgrade their phones to MIUI 9 via the fastboot method.
Fast Boot Method
This one is a little bit complicated and risky. If you haven’t received the update for your supported phone, you can’t try this.
- Download the model’s ROM (Global or Chinese) from the list given below.
- Copy the.Zip file to ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage.
- Launch the updater app.
- For MIUI 6/7/8: Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package,’ and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom.’ For MIUI V5: Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package.’
- Select the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom.’
Safety Measure: We recommend to backup your data before fastboot. Shifting from Developer mode to Stable requires a complete wipe.
If you want a fresh installation, you can also select the recovery mode option and download the Recovery ROM.
- Download the model’s MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM mentioned below.
- Copy the.Zip file to an SD card.
- Open recovery mode.
- Select the file from the SD card and Install.
A friend of mine uploaded the video when MIIU 9 was released back in the first batch. Here’s a video, instructing how to install and download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM on any Xiaomi Device:
Note: Make sure you have a backup of the previous ROM.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1 – The Supported Devices
You can get the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.21.1 update on these devices:
- Mi MIX 2
- Redmi Note 4 MTK
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X
- Mi 6
- Mi Note 2
- Mi 5
- Mi 5s
- Mi 5s Plus
- Mi Max
- Mi Max Prime
- Mi Max 2
- Mi 3
- Mi 4
- Redmi 3S
- Redmi Note Prime
- Redmi Note 3 Special Edition
- Redmi Note 2
- Redmi 4/4X
Note: Update for Redmi 3, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi 4A has been suspended.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1 – Changelog
- Resume interrupted transfers in Mi Mover without starting over
- A new shortcut for opening Second space in “Button and gesture shortcuts.”
- System UI has stopped after update (for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2)
- Browser has stopped after update (for Xiaomi Redmi 3S)
- Hide content on lock screen is not working
- The notification bar application icon does not display properly
- Can’t play videos via OTG
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.1 – Download Links
Mi Max 32GB
Mi 3 / Mi 4
Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (MediaTek)
Redmi Note 2
Mi Max (64GB/128GB)
Redmi Note 4 MTK
Redmi Note 4X/Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Mi Note 2
Redmi 4 / 4X
Mi 5s Plus
Mi Max 2
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2
Hope you will successfully download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM. Let’s talk in the comment section regarding your experience with MIUI 9, any problems, and improvements needed.