The wait will finally be over, as MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10 is arriving this Friday. The first batch consisting of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X / Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm, and Mi 6 will receive the update.
The existing Beta ROM users will automatically receive the update through OTA (over the air updates). Meanwhile, the stable users have to unlock Bootloader and perform a full wipe before Fastboot.
The remaining smartphones are:
- Second Batch (August 25): Mi MIX / Mi Note 2 / Mi 5 / Mi 5s / Mi 5s Plus / Mi Max 2 / Mi Max / Redmi 4/4X
- Third Batch (Sometime in September): Redmi 2 / Redmi 2 Prime / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm / Redmi Note 3 Special Edition / Redmi Note 4 MTK / Mi 4i / Redmi Note 2 / Redmi Note Prime / Mi 2/2S / Mi Note / Redmi 3/Prime / Redmi 3S/Prime /Redmi 4A
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.10 Changelog Preview – The Changes
- With multiple deep-level optimizations, MIUI never looked smoother.
- Fresh dynamic icons will always catch your eye.
- Faster and sleeker launch and exit processes for apps.
- Improved intuitive Home screen editing.
- Introducing Split screen – the best way to double your productivity.
- A more refined Silent mode triggered simply by pressing the volume button.
- Redesigned Messaging app with everything you need right on the start page.
Source (MIUI Forum)