Finally, after a wait of 15 months, Meizu updates Flyme 6 to Flyme 7. On April 16th, Meizu officially launches the official Flyme 7 Beta version. The update, however, is a closed beta version. This means it’s available for the limited users. Users who want to get Flyme 7 has to undergo online registration. In return, they will be the first to enjoy new Flyme 7 features. Meizu will announce the models and time of update at the upcoming conference.
Flyme 7 Beta – How To Install the Update
Here’s a step-by-step to get and install the latest Flyme 7 Beta on your Meizu smartphone:
Step 1: First update the system to the latest version.
Step 2: Log in to your Flyme account and download the “Flyme Community” app.
Step 3: Enter the required information on the registration page.
Step 4: Flyme community will automatically identify the current smartphone serial number and IMEI.
Step 5: Click Submit to complete the registration.
Step 6: After approval, you will receive an OTA system update
- Make sure that the device is on the latest version of the Flyme 6
- The device that that has been rooted (current state rooted) cannot obtain the update push
- Devices that are not updated in time between multiple consecutive versions will not receive follow-up beta releases.
- If you qualify, the Flyme developers will start the system update directly. Please pay attention to the “System Update” App, without further notice.
- The time and model getting the beta version will be announced at the upcoming conference.
Note: Meizu M6 Note users can manually download the Flyme 7 registration specific version from here.
Source (in Chinese)