The Mate 20 series recently got the EMUI 9.1 Beta update. Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and Mate 20 RS are the first ones, and more models will be added later. So, how does EMUI 9.1 differ from the previous EMUI 9.0? Let’s find out in this Huawei EMUI 9.1 Vs EMUI 9.0 comparison.
Huawei EMUI 9.1 Vs EMUI 9.0 – What’s New?
1) Meet the New Ark Compiler & Super File System
It is understood that EMUI 9.1 introduces a new Huawei Ark compiler, which optimizes the architecture level of Android and brings a performance revolution. It claims that the system operation fluency can be improved by 24%, the system response can be improved by 44%, and third-party applications can re-edit fluency which can be increased by 60%.
In addition, EMUI 9.1 also has Huawei’s super file system, which saves 14% of space by advanced compression algorithms and improves read performance by 20%.
2) Next Level Boost With GPU Turbo 3.0
It is worth mentioning that GPU Turbo graphics acceleration technology has also been upgraded to version 3.0. GPU Turbo 3.0 supports low-power full-frame gaming experience, new support for more than 50 games. The P30 series debut Tencent game “Dragon Fantasy”, with exclusive 60FPS, Unreal Engine 4 effects are fully open and do not heat up the device featuring GPU Turbo 3.0.
There are also 4 major design changes in the new EMUI 9.1, in this EMUI 9.1 Vs EMUI 9.0 comparison.
According to the official, EMUI 9.1 is a minimalist design based on Android 9.0. This version, more emphasis on natural minimalism, has streamlined and merged many complex options.
3) The Refreshing Nature Themed OS
Inspired by nature, EMUI 9.1’s color system combines elements such as mountains, sea water, glaciers, rocks, etc. The blending natural color transitions and light and shadow changes to bring a more pure interface visual immersion and color richness.
Just like the reflection of the landscape of the music player interface, the water and the sky are sparkling, and the music is rhythmic. The sense of hearing and vision toast each other. When listening to music, it also brings beautiful enjoyment to both eyes.
The timber elements are also selected from nature, just like the alarm design is taken from the forest, the sea, the morning light, and the intimate and comfortable cuckoo sounds so that you can use the sound to smooth the folds of life.
4) The Smooth & Silky Sliding Effect
EMUI 9.1 adopts the natural sliding curve design. This makes the speed and duration of the sliding curve more naturally matching the operation of the hand. The fast duration and displacement design ensure that the smooth and natural experience is not affected in the case of quickly presenting the target. The response mechanism effectively eliminates the user’s sense of waiting. Furthermore, the emotional dynamic experience design is more flexible and naturally conveys functional characteristics.
5) A More Gentle Feeling of Touch
EMUI 9.1 uses a combination of visual, auditory and multi-sensory experiences. They cooperate with each other to fully mobilize your nervous system, understanding your psychology and enhance your enjoyment of texture. Apply this to the smartphone sound module, adding sound effects and vibration effects when adjusting the parameters, so that you can operate the real Leica camera. In the system’s time adjuster and contact sliding, a delicate vibrating design has also been added.
6) A simpler setting interface
EMUI 9.1, which pursues minimalist design, also tries to do diminution on the setup interface, resulting in a more enjoyable experience. Here are the four changes in the design of the UI:
- Similar settings are normalized: EMUI 9.1 continues to inherit the same type of settings on the basis of the previous generation version. So that you can find the path without too much thinking. Useless settings options have been hidden or deleted to avoid interference with the search, making it easier for you to find similar settings. For example, if the EMUI 9.0 gesture control setting item is changed to [Quick Start and Gesture], the original distributed physical key setting items are integrated, and the setting items which are used rarely, are deleted.
- Merge complex options: With the improvement of experience, some complicated options for splitting are no longer necessary. EMUI9.1 is based on merging and deleting them. For example, in the alarm setting interface, the silent mode is turned on by default, so that the date and time are not repeated. Other operations such as desktop settings, weather settings, time switch, cell phone contact, and do not disturb have been handled similarly.
- Hide less common settings: Like previously said, having an OS with too much setting options neither increase the convenience of the smartphone nor it helps the user. EMUI 9.1 hides these infrequently used settings.
- Streamlined experience optimization: EMUI 9.1 create a minimalist style for users in the experience of the phone, reducing unnecessary interruptions. For example, before EMUI 9.1, the screen would count down before the screen is captured. This makes it impossible to capture the picture accurately. EMUI 9.1 does not have a pop-up window to directly record the screen, giving users a better experience.
Huawei EMUI 9.1 Vs EMUI 9.0 – The Conclusion
In short, compared with the EMUI 9.0, EMUI 9.1:
- Achieves a more simple design
- Reduces less used functions
- Add new visuals to make the smartphone experience more humanized and personalized
- Make the daily experience more convenient
- Enable users to obtain more natural and more enjoyable vision and feeling
We will be updating you when any Huawei smartphone gets the EMUI 9.1 update. Stay tuned!