After issuing the release of MIUI 10 China ROM across China, Xiaomi sets its eye on providing the global update via the MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM. Today, MIUI forum made MIUI 10 Global Beta official. This was rather quicker than the last years MIUI 9 Global Beta update. Moreover, MIUI developers also announced the list of Xiaomi devices eligible for the update.
To know the supported devices of MIUI 10 China ROM, click here.
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM – When Will You Receive the OTA Update?
The OTA release of MIUI 10 Global Beta will start from Mid June and continue to the end of the month. Till, mid of July, all of the Xiaomi devices which supports the update will be running on MIUI 10.
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM – The Highlights
- Full-screen gestures fully replace traditional on-screen buttons
- New sound effects added (nature collection), Friendly weather broadcaster, Greetings
- AI Technology with AI preloading
- AI bokeh effect added to all supported phones even the single camera ones.
- New automatic interconnection with surrounding devices
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM – How to Download / Install?
The update methods of moving from MIUI 9 Global Beta to MIUI 10 Global Beta is almost the same. The users who are using MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM can grab your update three methods:
OTA (Over the Air) Method
The simplest, risk-free, and the easiest way to jump to MIUI 10 is Via OTA. But let us tell you that if you want to go from MIUI 9 Stable to Beta Version of MIUI 10, OTA update is not possible. You have to use the Fastboot method or Recovery method. Here’s the OTA method mentioned in three simple steps:
- Open Mi Updater App
- Click software update
- Confirm and Download the update
- Go to Settings
- Click My device
- Go to MIUI version
- Click System Update
- Click the update now in the notification bar.
- Wait for the downloading to complete
- Click reboot
Meanwhile, the user who are using MIUI V5 / MIUI 6 / MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 / MIUI 9 stable ROM can upgrade their phones to MIUI 10 via the fastboot method.
Fast Boot Method
This one is a little bit complicated and risky. If you haven’t received the update for your supported phone, you can’t try this. Moreover, it’s the only way to shift from Stable to Beta or Beta to Stable ROM or Developer to Stable / Beta.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download & install Mi Flash Tool – here
- Download the Fastboot ROM (will be in .tgz or .tar file)
How To Make a Local Backup?
- Go to settings – additional settings – backup & reset
- Click ‘Local backup – Backup’, to create the backup and move it to PC before flashing
- Do remember, it includes only apps so multimedia files need to be backup separately
Steps Before Fast-booting
- Switch off your phone, press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with the fastboot screen
- Connect your phone via USB to PC, click ‘refresh’ button in flash tool app and it should show device ID.
- If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted above.
- Extract the fastboot ROM you downloaded, to a folder on PC
- Open MiFlash tool, and select ‘clean all’ in the right down corner
- Click ‘Select’ and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click ‘Flash’
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device.
- The device will reboot with MIUI 10.
Warning!!! Don’t remove the USB cable when the phone is fast-booting.
Safety Measure: We recommend to backup your data before fastboot. Shifting from Developer mode to Stable requires a complete wipe.
If you want a fresh installation, you can also select the recovery mode option and download the Recovery ROM.
- Download the model’s MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM (available soon in mid-June)
- Copy the.Zip file to an SD card.
- Open recovery mode.
- Select the file from the SD card and Install.
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM – The Supported Devices
The devices which support MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM update include:
- The Mi Family: Mi MIX 2, Mi 6, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5s, Mi 5, Mi 4, Mi 3, Mi Note 2, Mi Max 2, Mi Max.
- The Redmi Family: Redmi Note 5 (India), Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 5A Prime, Redmi Note 4 MTK, Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi 5, Redmi 5A, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi 3S, Redmi Y2, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi Y1.
We will provide the fastboot and recovery ROM link for each of the listed smartphones once it releases in Mid-June. So stay tuned!