Xiaomi users were frustrated (especially the Indian audience) as Xiaomi was not providing the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM. The delay can be mentioned as one of the greatest upsets in MIUI history. However, today, MIUI 9 developers finally posted the MIUI 9 update in their MIUI forum. In the first MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM, there are some drastic improves, fixes, and new features to try and are worth the long wait.
You can also get this week’s Global Beta ROM 8.2.1 update.
MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM – How to Download?
The users who are using MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM can grab your update three methods:
OTA (Over the Air) Method
The simplest, risk-free, and the easiest way to jump to MIUI 9 is Via OTA. But let us tell you that if you want to go from Stable to Beta Version of MIUI 9, OTA update is not possible. You have to use the Fastboot method or Recovery method. Here’s the OTA method mentioned in three simple steps:
- Open Mi Updater App
- Click software update
- Confirm and Download the update
- Go to Settings
- Click My device
- Go to MIUI version
- Click System Update
- Click the update now in the notification bar.
- Wait for the downloading to complete
- Click reboot
Meanwhile, the user who are using MIUI V5 / MIUI 6 / MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 stable ROM can upgrade their phones to MIUI 9 via the fastboot method.
Fast Boot Method
This one is a little bit complicated and risky. If you haven’t received the update for your supported phone, you can’t try this. Moreover, it’s the only way to shift from Stable to Beta or Beta to Stable ROM or Developer to Stable / Beta.
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download & install Mi Flash Tool – here
- Download the Fastboot ROM (will be in .tgz or .tar file)
How To Make a Local Backup?
- Go to settings – additional settings – backup & reset
- Click ‘Local backup – Backup’, to create the backup and move it to PC before flashing
- Do remember, it includes only apps so multimedia files need to be backup separately
Steps Before Fast-booting
- Switch off your phone, press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously, it should power up the phone with fastboot screen
- Connect your phone via USB to PC, click ‘refresh’ button in flash tool app and it should show device ID.
- If not, install Mi PC Suite and drivers posted above.
- Extract the fastboot ROM you downloaded, to a folder on PC
- Open MiFlash tool, and select ‘clean all’ in the right down corner
- Click ‘Select’ and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click ‘Flash’
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device.
- The device will reboot with MIUI 9.
Warning!!! Don’t remove the USB cable when the phone is fast-booting.
Safety Measure: We recommend to backup your data before fastboot. Shifting from Developer mode to Stable requires a complete wipe.
If you want a fresh installation, you can also select the recovery mode option and download the Recovery ROM.
- Download the model’s MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM mentioned below.
- Copy the.Zip file to an SD card.
- Open recovery mode.
- Select the file from the SD card and Install.
A friend of mine uploaded the video when MIIU 9 was released back in the first batch. Here’s a video, instructing how to install and download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM on any Xiaomi Device:
Note: Make sure you have a backup of the previous ROM.
MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM – The Supported Devices
You can get the MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM update on these devices:
The Redmi Family:
- Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- Redmi 5
- Redmi 5 Plus
- Redmi 4X
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X
- Redmi 4 Prime
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
The Mi Family:
- Mi MIX 2
- Mi 3
- Mi 4
- Mi Note
- Mi 6
- Mi Max 32G
- Mi Max 64G/128G
- Mi Max 2
MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM – Changelog
- Mi Mover supports data migration restarting. During migrating data to the new phone, device hotspot connection will be restored automatically in case of interruption to complete the data (Backups)
- Distance sensor dynamic calibration function, to ensure that black screen appears correctly (System)
- App lock supports hiding messages from selected apps (App Lock)
- Simplified the UI (Phone)
- “Apps” support updates now (Apps)
- “Add to favorites” icon adjustments (Theme)
- Vibration no longer affects the features which reduce ringer volume when the phone is lifted or flipped to silence (Phone)
- Adjusted time for tapping the Lock screen notifications (Lock Screen, Status Bar)
- Multiple themes supported on the clock widget (Home screen)
- Move app icons into a folder easier (Home screen)
- Adding widgets to an empty spot with a single tap (Home screen)
- Themes feed about connecting to the internet when it’s required (Theme)
- Reduced the number of push notifications when the user is signed out (Mi Account)
- Received files are sorted by time (Mi Drop)
- Image has been compressed multiple times (Gallery)
- Mi Mover can’t continue to migrate data after the network connection is interrupted and restored (Backup)
- Mi Mover can’t migrate all apps to the new phone (Backup)
- Issues with loading big GIFs (Mi Drop)
MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM 8.2- Download Links
You can download the ROM for your Xiaomi smartphone from the links given below:
Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite
Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
Mi MIX 2
Redmi 4 Prime
Redmi 5 Plus
Mi 3 / Mi 4
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / Redmi Note 4X
Mi Max 32GB
Mi Max 64GB / 128GB
Mi Max 2
Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
More phones have been added to the update, this week.
Mi 2 / 2S
Mi 5s Plus
Redmi Note Prime
Redmi Note 2
We hope that you will successfully install MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM update. If you experience any problem while installing, let us know in the comment section below.