Microsoft finally admitted that it has completely abandoned the mobile phone business. Windows Phone 8.1 system has been shut down, but the latest Windows 10 Mobile continues to get updates. The updates include maintenance only.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15237 version – What’s Changed?
Today, Microsoft quietly released the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15237 version, but only for Fast Ring closed beta channels. Sadly, like the previous updates, this one still has no new features to offer.
The developers marked what was fixed in the latest build. Here are the fixes and the improvements:
- We made some improvements to the Field Medic Store app, where we fixed an issue with collecting Watson crash data, enabled spell checking when editing a report, and updated the PowerOn/PowerOff profiles to include additional battery info.
- We fixed an issue where the screen would occasionally flash black after launching or rotating the Camera app.
- We fixed an issue with the HP Elite X3 reporting that the SD card had been removed from the device when it had not.
- We fixed an issue with Continuum where, after the attached monitor is unplugged, occasionally the mobile LCD does not power off, and the mobile battery could be drained.
- We fixed an issue with the Windows inbox NFC driver where occasionally the wrong card type data was reported.
- We improved the Cortana resume-from-suspend behavior to enable a Cortana skill to be authenticated before the user interacts with the skill.
- We fixed an issue with the behavior of the hardware search button in countries where Cortana is not available. In this case, the OEM provides the search app or URI.
Not surprisingly, these changes will be integrated into the next major update Redstone 3, but like the previous Redstone 2, those will be security and maintenance updates.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15237 version – The Current Issues
The new version releases to repair a series of bugs only. Only a minor functional improvement can be witnessed (switch machine configuration to add more battery information). However, countless problems in the OS persist. The choice to update Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview to the latest version depends on you. But before updating, we would like you to know these issues as well:
- HP Elite X3 with wired docks may experience a problem where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display disconnects and reconnects. The only solution to A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the “OK” button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This solution must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
- You may experience an error 8007000B when trying to update apps on SD card. For the solution, move those update pending apps to internal memory, update them, and then move them back to your SD card.
- While installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may detect error 80070057. For the solution, uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall the latest app version from Store.
You can install the update by going into the Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates of your windows 10 phone. The update is only available for the Fast ring. If you are not on it, then go to the Windows Insider Program tab and click ‘Get started.’
Let’s hope we see better updates and new features in the upcoming major update Redstone 3. If not then, we are afraid that we might have to say goodbye to Windows 10 Mobile as well.